eTwinning is a free online community for schools and FE/VET colleges in Europe. It can be your first step towards Key Action 1 Mobility and Key Action 2 Strategic Partnerships by allowing you to find partners and collaborate on projects within a secure network and platform.
Through participating in eTwinning, your school or college will be able to:
- search for suitable partners across Europe to carry out small projects before applying for Erasmus+ funding;
- collaborate securely online, grow and extend your partnership, before, during and after an Erasmus+ project;
- enrich learning and motivation of pupils (aged between 3 and 19) and staff;
- access high quality professional development and ready-made resources;
- raise standards across the whole school community;
- gain recognition for your commitment through the eTwinning awards and the International School Award.
With over 250,000 registered educators across Europe, why not join the secure online network for teachers and pupils across Europe today? Register on the pan-European website www.eTwinning.net. The British Council manages and promotes eTwinning for UK schools. Visit the British Council's eTwinning website for more information on professional development opportunities in the UK and wider Europe, as well as UK regional case studies, resources and support.
Schools should also sign up to the new European Commission (EC) portal, School Education Gateway, to find staff professional development and strategic partnership opportunities for school staff mobility (Key Action 1) and strategic partnerships (Key Action 2) Erasmus+ activities.